Wednesday, June 04, 2003

I wish I were Geekier

I just found this great quiz via Beyond the Wall of Sleep. Usually I take these quizes laugh and then go on. With this quiz I had to post it here because it got me spot on. Face it... here I am with a blog (fairly geeky pursuit - admit it) however, I have no idea what it might take to make this blog better than the typical blogspot crap (I need to be geekier).

In my last few jobs I have been the non geek to geek translator/mediator. I just need to find another one of those gigs.

I think that what this little quiz clarified for me is the fact that I am more a dork than a geek... I had hoped that my shameful Dr. Who obsession could fit into the lucrative world of geekdom - but it is all Dork.

You are 48% geek
You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.

Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.


You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!


Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!


You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.

Take the Polygeek Quiz at Thudfactor.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home