Monday, March 17, 2003

Tick, Tock; Tick, Tock

Kofi Annan has announced that he has ordered the withdrawal of all UN staff. Evidently the UN invulnerability cloak had been sent out for cleaning.

I suggested on Michele’s site that this was the first step in the move to war. There is a great thread on her site where everyone is putting in their 2 cents on what they believe will happen.

Take a minute to read what others have predicted and put in what you think will be happening. Everyone’s suggestions are really interesting.

I am exhausted with anticipation and nerves. The weather is lovely here (finally) and I plan on dealing with my nervous tension about the world by going for a long bike ride.

It is doubtful that I will get another opportunity for a long bike ride. I am fairly certain that we will all spend the next couple of days in full news obsession mode.

Please remember our troops and their families here at home in your thoughts and prayers – it looks like they will need all the prayers they can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home