Thursday, June 05, 2003

Happy Birthday to me!

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
I’m still unemployed
And I have no money.

Normally I am one of those people that really likes my birthday. Mostly because it is the one day a year I can make my friends go see a movie with subtitles, or go out for sushi. I like that extra bit of power that it being your birthday affords you.

However, this year I am not so happy to see my birthday roll around. A couple of months ago I had decided that I would have a good job by today. I am often a strong believer in the power of positive thought but… no luck this time.

There is something extra sucky about the fact that as a grown adult with an MBA I am looking forward to my birthday mostly because I will get a few cash gifts. It is like I am 12 years old again – aarrggghh.

Yesterday Frank J. at IMAO got 75 comments showering him with praise for his birthday. I am sure to judge my self worth against that yardstick – please don’t make me feel bad about myself here.

I have to admit that this blog is a bright spot on my horizon (it is no IMAO but still - it gives me a reason to fire up the laptop). I hope that you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Even if you lie tell me I am not totally wasting my time.

I leave it to you – the readers of my blog to cheer me up… drop a comment here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home