Monday, April 21, 2003

Another fight against evil

I just added a link on my blogroll to the most excellent weblog The Leaky Cauldron. It is a blog devoted to all things Harry Potter. I would best compare it to Instapundit – with a focus on Harry Potter.

I am a huge fan of Harry Potter. Karri - a good friend who has known me since grammar school think it is because I am the living embodiment of Hermione Granger. When we went to see the first move Karri kept leaning over to me and saying “this is creepy – she is just like you!”.

Here is a short list of why I am very much like Hermione:
Out of control curly brown hair – check.
Reads all the time – check.
Hand waving in the air in class – check.
Where can you find her? In the library – check.
Hangs out with a couple of close friends who are guys – check.
Is a vast font of random trivia knowledge – check.

My first exposure to the wonderful Harry Potter was when I was babysitting for a British family. The young son David, a second grader, was reading the first book and was about halfway through it. I picked up the book and started to read it and then we were in trouble. I found myself actually fighting the 7 year old for the book! Luckily I read very quickly and the first night I succeeded in prying ‘The Sorcerers Stone' from David’s sleeping hands.

After finishing that first book I have eagerly awaited the release of each successive book. I am not ashamed to admit that I was at a store for the midnight release of the last two books. For the release of the upcoming ‘Order of the Phoenix' I will be waiting in line to get a copy at midnight.

If you like Harry Potter you should check out The Leaky Cauldron. In addition to being a one-stop shop for news and information about Harry Potter the readers have also succeeded raising £14,202.93 for Book Aid International – a favorite charity of JK Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home