Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Happy Day!

I eagerly await the choruses of “I was wrong” from everyone who proclaimed that this war would be an abject failure.

I know that these apologies will not be forthcoming – it is enough for me to know that they should be.

However, an apology from Janeane Garafolos is sure to be forthcoming. As reported at Little Green Footballs Garafolo promised an apology on O’Reilly.
O’Reilly: “If you are wrong, all right, and if the United States -- and they will, this is going to happen -- goes in, liberates Iraq, people in the street, American flags, hugging our soldiers, all right, we find all kinds of bad, bad stuff, all right, in Iraq, you gonna apologize to George W. Bush?”
Garofalo: “I would be so willing to say I’m sorry, I hope to God that I can be made a buffoon of, that people will say you were wrong, you were a fatalist, and I will go to the White House on my knees on cut glass and say, hey, you were right, I shouldn’t have doubted you. But I think to think that is preposterous.”

It may be preposterous but the time is here - I still won’t be holding my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home