Monday, September 08, 2003

Gotta love the Gweilo

I will admit that I started to read The Gweilo Diaries when I was taking a course titled ‘Hong Kong Cinema’ last semester.

I would get bits and pieces from Conrad’s blog that were helpful in class discussion. Not that I could use all of the information supplied - much of it is a bit raunchy for polite society. I tend to bypass the pictures and head straight to the news and commentary.

Today there is a post that reminded me of why I love that blog so much. Take a moment to read it all (why aren't you there now?).

Conrad expressed some concern for the treatment of detainees in Guantanamo but quickly put it all into perspective with this line. And then I compare this to the terrorist's treatment of, say, Daniel Pearl, and I really don't give a fuck.
This is my new response to all discussions of the ‘inhumane’ treatment of those in Guantanamo.

Thanks Conrad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home