Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Darn nature

I had grand plans for a nice long weekend but silly Isabel has ruined them.

M plans were to see my best friend from High School and her two cute sons in Baltimore. I would take a day to visit the Naval Academy in Annapolis and then we would all drive to Chincoteague Island off the coast of Virginia.

Unfortunately... Isabel has put a bit of a damper on those plans.

I have to say that Hurricanes scare me to death. I am a true midwestern girl - tornadoes don't cause me to blink an eye... however a hurricane or an earthquake seems way to frightening.

I have good reasoning behind this thought... I figure that a hurricane will pretty much leave a huge swath of destruction that will leave both you, and your region destroyed. An earthquake will do much the same - destruction throughout the entire area. Tornadoes, in comparison tend to only destroy a small area at a time. I figure that if my house is destroyed I can go stay at a friends or at a family members.

There is one huge advantage to a hurricane is that there is plenty of warning. I hope that everyone on the eastern seaboard who are threatened by this hurricane is safe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home