Monday, September 15, 2003

Jealousy

I am not usually prone to fits of jealousy. However, lately I have begun to covet high-speed Internet connections.

At home I am relegated to crappy dial-up and I had promised myself that once employed I would spring for a cable modem. Unfortunately, thought I may be employed the new budget just doesn’t stretch that far.

In the past I have been able to feed my desire for lightening fast Internet connections at work (for that I miss my dot-com jobs). However, at my present job I have no such luck. At the moment my work computer can only connect to the Internet through dial-up that never gets faster than 28.8 and shares a phone line with a busy fax. Suffice it to say – that SUCKS.

My boss has a cable modem to his computer, and as it is a business account we can split the line with a router but… I have no idea how. My new boss is a really great guy, but hardly comfortable with computers. In the week that I have been there I have pretty much taken over the computer maintenance portion of the business. That is a sad commentary on the situation because I am most definitely NOT captain technology.

I like the job a lot (except that it is accounting, and pays crap) but a decent Internet connection would make this phase of my career a great deal more bearable. Also, if I could access the Internet during lunch I would definitely be able to post more often on my blog. Therefore, I am putting this question out to blogdom … Is it possible to connect two computers to the same cable modem? And how do I do it? How much would it cost? Is it something that I, with my limited tech ability, could do?

If you have answers to any of the above questions PLEASE e-mail me at mapchic at hotmail.

1 Comments:

Blogger uiyui said...

You said you will love me wow gold the whole life, but you marry her. You said Cheap WoW Gold you will wow power leveling,come to marry me, but this will not be carried out forever.WoW Gold I am trying my best to forget you and do not love you anymore. wow leveling But I failed and I still love you. Maybe wow leveling she needs you more compared wow leveling with me. So I tell you that world of warcraft power leveling you should love world of warcraft power leveling her and take good world of warcraft leveling care of her. You said I was so kind.world of warcraft leveling Yes, because I love you,world of warcraft leveling I hope you will be happy forever.

February 2, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home