Monday, October 06, 2003

CUBS WIN !!!!!!!

I imagine that anyone who has not been a Cubs fan cannot understand what winning the series with the Braves means to those of us who are.

The Cubs have not won a playoff game on the road since 1945… let alone to win a series of games against the winningest team in regular season play. This year the Cubs are actually paying baseball – not just participating in their usual “Marketing Exercise”.

Now the Cubs will be playing against the Florida Marlins. I have to say that I fell very confident about this match-up. It doesn’t hurt that this afternoon I was watching Back to the Future II (I love the 80s) and the amazing news of 2015 was that the Cubs beat Miami for the World Series. I take that as a sign… that this Marlins – Cubs match up is destined to be won by our boys in blue.

Ideally, the next step would be a Cubs – Red Sox World Series. I would venture to call that the ultimate baseball history championship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home